As much as I love eating my way through the city’s restaurants, I just can’t go long without whetting my appetite with some decent cocktails. From London to LA and everywhere in between, I always make sure to check out the best bars wherever I am. So when New York’s award-winning Dante announced a summer residency, I had to get my ass down to the press night.
It’s all about classic cocktails and signature serves at this Greenwich Village hideaway and now they’ve launched a Summer of Spritz menu which is available to try until 5th August at Ham Yard Hotel. The swanky rooftop is usually off limits to members of the public, but a £20 ticket gives you sky high access with a complimentary cocktail.
The top notch aperitivo bar is currently ranked #16 on the prestigious list of the World’s 50 Best Bars and for 9 days, you can try their famous cocktails as prepared by their key bartenders who have flown over from the US.
From welcome drinks to Classic Negronis and the staple Summer 2018, I can’t recommend heading to this pop up enough. Having tried all the cocktails (some more than once!) I can safely say that they are all delicious. Plus if that doesn’t float your boat, there’s a dreamy brunch to soak up all the booze come the weekend.
- Summer 2018: Grey Goose, Martini Rosato, watermelon, strawberry, rhubarb, sparkling rosé
- Our Vermouth Cup: Martini & Rossi Ambrato, Bombay Sapphire, peach, spicy ginger bear, ‘salad’
- Classic Negroni: Bombay Sapphire, Martini & Rossi Rubino, Italian bitters
- Negroni Bianco: Bombay Sapphire, Suze, Noilly Prat Dry, lemon bitters, verjus
- The Dante Martini: Bombay Sapphire, Noilly Prat Dry, saline, toasted fennel, verjus
- Olivette: Grey Goose, Noilly Prat, St Germain, olive bitters, lime oils, olive oil
- Vermouth Service: Noilly Prat Dry, frozen grapes, San Pellegrino, lemon oils
- Golden Sbagliato: Martini Rosso, Italian bitters, prosecco, gold
Pop up in pictures:
London Girl ✖️