This Sunday, Brigadiers launched its very own Sunday BBQ Roast complete with free-flowing drinks. Founded by the Sethi siblings of JKS Restaurants, aka the titans behind the likes of Gymkhana, Hoppers and Bao, you already know this is gonna be a big one. I’d been itching to try the Indian barbecue restaurant since it opened and it seemed like launch day was as good a time as any.
Located in the City’s swanky new dining destination, Bloomberg Arcade, the space is a gorgeous glittering outpost, complete with various rooms of grandeur. We were seated in a plush corner booth in The Dining Room, which offers views across the entire bustling restaurant and into The Tap Room, Pot Luck Room and Pool Room.
Starters swiftly arrived just before my Paloma, which would be topped up generously through the afternoon. Free-flowing prosecco was actually a delicious French sparkling wine… even better than what was advertised. When the mains came, we were pleasantly overwhelmed by the mouth-watering flavours and sheer size of the spread.
Think it’s safe to say that the chutneys and pappadums are the best I’ve ever tried. The steak was perfectly cooked; medium-rare, just how we like it. The chicken was juicy and tender (and HUGE). Dessert was bursting with flavour; chocolate + coconut kulfi tasted amazing with candied ginger, while banana and yoghurt kulfi with fennel seed butterscotch was an absolute dream.
From starters, through to mains, dessert and even the drinks, everything was perfect. Each cocktail was replaced promptly by our smiling waiter Nasir, and each bite accompanied by the vivavious sounds of a live brass band who paraded around the venue playing modern tunes. If you’re looking for an impressive brunch, then you’ve found it.
What we ate:
- £30 for three courses, plus £15 for free-flowing lager, prosecco or palomas
- Pappadums + chutneys: aubergine, tomato and chilli
- Dry Tandoori Masala Ribeye with sappers egg, bonemarrow dopiaza, methi pachadi and kachumber raita
- Original Butter Masala Rotisserie Baby Chicken with pinenut + onion pilau, hen’s egg makhani, kachumber raita
- All served with chaat masala aloos, tadka greens and corn, fennel paos
- Dairy-free chocolate + coconut soft serve kulfi, topped with wood roasted coconut, coconut foam, ginger syrup and candied ginger
- Banana and yoghurt kulfi, served with fennel seed butterscotch and sweet pickled bananas in a brown butter waffle
- Palomas + Prosecco
Pop up in pictures:
London Girl ✖️